WOIMA aligning with UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
Our everyday lives depend on reliable and affordable energy services to function smoothly and to develop equitably. A well-established energy system supports all sectors: from businesses, medicine and education to agriculture, infrastructure, communications and high-technology. Conversely, lack of access to energy supplies and transformation systems is a constraint to human and economic development.
For many decades, fossil fuels such as coal, oil or gas have been major sources of electricity production but burning carbon fuels produces large amounts of greenhouse gases which cause climate change and have harmful impacts on people’s well-being and the environment. This affects everyone, not just a few. Moreover, global electricity use is rising rapidly. In a nutshell, without a stable electricity supply, countries will not be able to power their economies.
The world needs to triple its investment in sustainable energy infrastructure per year, from around $400 billion now to $1.25 trillion by 2030. Regions with the greatest energy deficits – Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia – need our help to improve energy access. That includes pushing harder to find clean, efficient, and affordable alternatives to health-damaging cook stoves.
Sustainable energy is opportunity – it transforms lives, economies and the planet.
- One in five people still lacks access to modern electricity
- Over 3 billion people rely on wood, coal, charcoal or animal waste for cooking and heating
- Energy is the dominant contributor to climate change, accounting for around 60% of total global greenhouse gas emissions
- Reducing the carbon intensity of energy is a key objective in long-term climate goals.
WOIMA is committed to helping the developing countries to ensure access to affordable, reliable and sustainable energy. The tool is our modular wasteWOIMA® waste-to-energy power plant that will
- incinerate cleanly the waste of 100,000 – 500,000 people
- generate affordable energy for 50,000 – 100,000 people
- employ 100 – 200 people
- generate hundreds of jobs and training opportunities up- and downstream
- save 100,000 tons of CO2 equivalent emissions per year
- be up and running within 12 months
UN has set the following targets by 2030, supported by WOIMA and our modular wasteWOIMA® waste-to-energy power plant
- Ensure universal access to affordable, reliable and modern energy services
- Increase substantially the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix
- Double the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency
- Enhance international cooperation to facilitate access to clean energy research and technology and promote investment in energy infrastructure and clean energy technology
- Expand infrastructure and upgrade technology for supplying modern and sustainable energy services for all in developing countries
Read more about the UN SDGs at
Contact WOIMA to learn more on how we can change the world together.
WOIMA Social Media accounts